qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu 1.1.0 slow as hell booting ?

From: Luigi Rizzo
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu 1.1.0 slow as hell booting ?
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 16:43:05 +0200

hi,
while playing with various qemu versions i noticed that
qemu-devel now in FreeBSD ports (1.1.0) is slow as hell when
booting FreeBSD (take for instance the netmap image at

http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/netmap/20120608-netmap-picobsd-head-amd64.bin

while 0.11.x and 1.1.1 and 1.0.1 seem to work well.

I should mention that i had the same exact problem a few months
ago with a qemu version compiled on my Mac using macports,
which was fixed by manually building one myself from the sources
(the working Mac version reports version 1.0.91; unfortunately
i do not remember which version it was, but judging from the
macports history it could have been either 0.14.1 or 1.0)
so i do not think this is a specific problem with FreeBSD.

Are you able to reproduce this problem ?  Any idea on what could it be ?

cheers
luigi