qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] invoking monitor command without Ctrl+Alt+2

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] invoking monitor command without Ctrl+Alt+2
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 06:07:25 -0600

On 07/12/2012 10:14 PM, siddharth srivastava wrote:
> Hi
>
> I also see that qemu 0.13 has live migration in inbuilt.Does it also
> uses libvirt behind the scenes to create live ram snapshot ?

No, you've got it backwards.  Qemu does not use libvirt.  Rather,
libvirt wraps qemu features to expose a programmatic interface into
migration and snapshot creations, but all libvirt is doing is using the
monitor, so you could do the same thing directly on qemu by using the
monitor yourself.

--
Eric Blake   address@hidden    +1-919-301-3266