qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] invoking monitor command without Ctrl+Alt+2

From: siddharth srivastava
Subject: [Qemu-devel] invoking monitor command without Ctrl+Alt+2
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 00:47:03 +0530

Hi

I am working on a virtualization project for which I am using
Qemu(0.13) + KVM.I am trying to get an automated switch to live
migration based on certain condition.
According to [1], it is possible to start migration via Qemu Monitor.
Since I am trying to invoke this via C code, is it possible to do so ?
Also is it possible to save ram snapshot without stopping the VM from
the code (probably by reusing some qemu code ?) Any pointers would
also be helpful.

[1]: http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Migration

Thanks
--