qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SMP for PReP architecture

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SMP for PReP architecture
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 14:58:43 +0200

Hi,

Am 29.06.2012 15:55, schrieb Eli Lewis:

> I would like to use qemu to emulate a muliticore PowerPC  PReP machine but it
> see that the SMP is not
> supported for the PReP architecture. In fact, running:
>

> qemu-system-ppc -M prep -smp 2
>
> It returns this message:
>

> Number of SMP cpus requested (2), exceeds max cpus supported by machine
> `prep' (1)
>

> Does anyone know if this functionality is under development or if there is a
> patch that
> solves this problem?

No, I don't think that is currently under development. Recent PReP
development has focusses on properly modelling the needed devices (e.g.,
pc87312).

There are patches around to add a new 40P PReP machine [1] but I don't
remember whether that was SMP-capable. The BeBox [2] has two processors
but our emulation attempts didn't get very far yet.

Regards,
Andreas

[1] http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/40p
[2] http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/BeBox