qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [qemu-devel][RFC] Enable usb with default options

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [qemu-devel][RFC] Enable usb with default options
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 13:31:55 +1000

On Wed, 2012-06-06 at 10:52 +0800, li zhang wrote:
> Hi Anthony,
>

> Any comment on this?

Allright, this is all quite confusing...

He's what I think should happen:

When no option is passed -at-all-, we should have vga std and usb ohci +
usb mouse + usb ps2.

When -nodefault is passed, we should have none of the above.

-vga should only affect vga (a shortcut for -device
pick_your_vga_poison)

-usb should be essentially useless by default unless -nodefault is
passed in which case it is necessary to enable usb support, and -device
(or equivalent) to manually add the keyboard and mouse (libvirt).

That's the best I can think of ... however it might be a bit tricky
seeing how qemu does things in vl.c at the moment, we might want to
introduce a default_usb variable which is used to set usb_enabled.

BTW. The mac models should essentially behave the same, at least the
64-bit one (32-bit supports CUDA for keyboard/mouse so USB isn't
strictly necessary).

Cheers,
Ben.