qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qtest: setitimer() failures on Darwin and illumos

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qtest: setitimer() failures on Darwin and illumos
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 21:40:26 +0200

Hello,

I'm seeing qemu-timer.c:unix_rearm_timer()'s setitimer() abort with
EINVAL during `make check` on both platforms. The value of
nearest_delta_ns appears to be INT64_MAX. Is this expected? Is it
possible that this value is too large for it_value on some platforms?
Apple's man page mentions that as possible reason for EINVAL but doesn't
describe how to obtain such an upper value, nor of course where in the
QEMU code base we would need to make adaptions. ;)

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Andreas