qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [BUG] qemu-ga: failed to fsfreeze-thaw on RHEL 5.8 Guest

From: MATSUDA, Daiki
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [BUG] qemu-ga: failed to fsfreeze-thaw on RHEL 5.8 Guest
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 14:57:10 +0900

I encountered the serious bug on QEMU Guest Agent.

environment
Guest OS : RHEL 5.8 / 5.7 (i686)
Guest Agent Version : qemu-1.1.0rc2 and rc3

I am trying to take snapshot via virsh snapshot-create-as command. And
to freeze guest's filesystem and take snapshot is succeed. But after
sending the thaw command to Guest, time error occurs on libvirt qemu
agent because of not catch Guest's answer.
In addition, its situation is worst because the Guest Filesystem is kept
as frozen.

The problem does not occur on RHEL 6.2 Guest OS and in about qemu-1.0 it
does not occur.

Regards
MATSUDA Daiki