qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Block job commands in QEMU 1.2 [v2, including support f

From: Ori Mamluk
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Block job commands in QEMU 1.2 [v2, including support for replication]
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 17:00:30 +0300

On 24/05/2012 16:41, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
The dirty bitmap is managed by these QMP commands:

* blockdev-dirty-enable: takes a file name used for the dirty bitmap,
and an optional granularity.  Setting the granularity will not be
supported in the initial version.

* query-block-dirty: returns statistics about the dirty bitmap: right
now the granularity, the number of bits that are set, and whether QEMU
is using the dirty bitmap or just adding to it.

* blockdev-dirty-disable: disable the dirty bitmap.

When do bits get cleared from the bitmap?
"using the dirty bitmap or just adding to it" - I'm not sure I understand what you mean. what's the difference?

Thanks,
Ori