qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] How to create new target port?

From: Michael Eager
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] How to create new target port?
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 07:37:16 -0700

On 05/22/2012 11:18 PM, 陳韋任 wrote:
I'm investigating adding a new target architecture
to QEMU.  Are there documents, how-to's, or other
guidance on how to approach this?  Or any advice?

I noticed that there are a number of directories for
architectures like target-arm and target-mips.  There
are also definitions under tcg for arm and mips.  I
noticed that target-microblaze exists, but there is
no microblaze directory under tcg.  What does this
mean?

   Depends on what you'd like to add, a guest or a host support. If you want to
add a new guest, take target-xxx/* as an example. Otherwise, looks at tcg/xxx/*.
The term "target" could be a little MISLEADING here. :)

I'm interested in adding a new emulated architecture,
not a new host.  So adding a new target-<arch> sounds
like the plan.

--
Michael Eager    address@hidden
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077