qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Cursor hidden with emulated touchscreen

From: James Hogan
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Cursor hidden with emulated touchscreen
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 23:44:10 +0100

Hi,

Since updating to QEMU v1.0 I've had a problem with automatic mouse
grab. Whenever I move the mouse over the QEMU window it seems to make
the mouse cursor invisible, but the input device being emulated is a
touchscreen providing absolute coordinates so the software in the
emulator doesn't provide a cursor either. This makes it somewhat hard to
know where I am clicking.

I can get the cursor to stop disappearing by commenting out
SDL_SetCursor(sdl_cursor_hidden);
in sdl_hide_cursor() in ui/sdl.c, but I suspect there's something else
wrong for this to be happening.

The touchscreen hardware is set up with qemu_add_mouse_event_handler()
with argument "absolute" set to 1.

Does anybody have any idea whether this is expected behaviour for
emulated touchscreens, and if not what I might be doing wrong to cause
the cursor to disappear?

Thanks
James