qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Plans for the hard feature freeze

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Plans for the hard feature freeze
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 21:00:49 -0500

On 05/10/2012 08:49 PM, Andreas Färber wrote:
Am 29.04.2012 20:57, schrieb Anthony Liguori:
We'll run this release much like the last one.  All bug fixing will
happen in master until 1.1 is released.  If you plan on maintaining a
subsystem tree while we're in feature freeze, please respond to this
note with information about your tree.

On Paolo's suggestion and with Anthony's blessing I have set up a
qom-next tree:

Thanks Andreas!

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

T: git git://repo.or.cz/qemu/afaerber.git qom-next
T: git http://repo.or.cz/r/qemu/afaerber.git qom-next
W: http://repo.or.cz/w/qemu/afaerber.git/shortlog/refs/heads/qom-next

This is intended as temporary solution to minimize conflicts between QOM
refactorings or features during the Hard Freeze and to facilitate a
quick and painless merge into master once the window for 1.2 opens.

Stefan, can you add this branch to the build bots please?

qom-next will track master as a patch queue, rebasing as necessary.
So if you want to add a tag or find a patch is bogus, say so. :)

Regards,
Andreas