qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ANNOUNCE - we are now in feature freeze for 1.1

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ANNOUNCE - we are now in feature freeze for 1.1
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 09:26:48 -0500

On 05/03/2012 08:46 AM, Luiz Capitulino wrote:
On Thu, 03 May 2012 07:18:12 -0500
Anthony Liguori<address@hidden>  wrote:

Hi,

I pushed the v1.1-rc0 tag yesterday so we are officially in feature freeze.  At
this point, we will only accept bug fixes until we release 1.1.  Submaintainers
may maintain their own trees in the interim so please check with the appropriate
person listed in MAINTAINERS if you have a question.

I have some patches that are not necessarily fixes, but are important to
be in 1.1 as they may change current behavior in qemu-ga. Would you be against
applying them?

No, I trust your judgement, but please try to get them in ASAP. Preferably before -rc1.

Detailed listing:

  o qemu

    - Add 'suspended' RunState (posted, but needs respin)

  o qemu-ga

    - change shutdown and suspend commands to not emit a success response
      (will post shortly)
    - make shutdown and suspend commands synchronous (posted as rfc, will
      respin and post v1 shortly)

Besides, could you please apply:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2012-04/msg03994.html

Saves me a pull request this week :)

Could you do a pull? It's far easier for me to keep track of pulls instead of unmarked mails on the list.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori