qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Generating cachegrind output with qemu

From: Wacha Gábor
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Generating cachegrind output with qemu
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 18:18:12 +0200

Dear developers,

I am a Hungarian student trying to use qemu for profiling bare metal
ARM programs for my student research.

On the following page, it is mentioned that one can generate
cachegrind output with qemu:
http://www.monstr.eu/wiki/doku.php?id=qemu:qemu#run_with_cachegrind

Unfortunately it does not work (altough I checked out the sources from
the mentioned git repository),  and I found out (using find and grep
utilities), that cachegrind is not even mentioned in the qemu sources.

My question is: does this feature exist? If the answer is yes, how can I use it?

(And I am sorry for my English.)

Thanks,

Gabor Wacha