qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] tracetool: cast const types to avoid compile time warnings

From: Lee Essen
Subject: [Qemu-devel] tracetool: cast const types to avoid compile time warnings
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 17:08:15 +0000

On Solaris/Illumos dtrace will remove the "const" qualifier from any
arguments when producing the header file, this results in hundreds
of compile-time warnings.

I have put together a patch to tracetool to cast any const argument appropriately to remove the warnings, but I don't know how it behaves on any other dtrace platform. If the "const" isn't removed then this patch will actually create warnings.

Do you see these warnings on any other dtrace platform? If not, then I'll need to make sure the patch is solaris-specific.

Thanks,

Lee.