qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu-ppc during my vacation

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu-ppc during my vacation
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 23:00:17 +0100

Howdy,

it's that time of the year again - I'm off for 3 weeks vacation :). In order
for things not to go more chaotic than they already are while I'm off, I asked
Andreas to jump in for the QEMU PPC tree maintenance and he fortunately
accepted!

So during the next 3 weeks, Andreas Färber will be allowed to do pull requests
in my stead.

However, this comes with a small nit:

  ** No patch goes in without ack **

Andreas is allowed to ack himself too of course, but since he doesn't know all
parts of PPC by heart, I'm sure he'll keep that to a minimum. David Gibson
promised to help out on that front, acking patches whenever he can. Scott, it
would be great if you could also help and review / ack patches when you see
them.

However, the sender of a patch is not allowed to ack. So if Scott sends out a
patch, someone else - David for example - needs to ack it for the patch to be
accepted into Andreas' tree. I don't think that will be a real issue however -
you guys have already been an enormous help in review in the past and if you
continue the same way, you won't even realize I'm not around ;).

With this said, I'm sure we can keep the tree alive, working and kicking while
I'm off :). So please help out wherever you can!

Alex