qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] We need more reviewers/maintainers!!

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] We need more reviewers/maintainers!!
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 09:43:38 -0500

On 03/13/2012 09:39 AM, Avi Kivity wrote:
On 03/13/2012 04:12 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
(plus it puts an extra person in the loop which is pretty
much guaranteed to slow things down).

Having the committers process all these patches (and monitor all
patches) is guaranteed to slow things down too.

They're in the loop anyway, because they have to process the pull
request just as they would a single patch.

Anthony's shunting emails with [PULL] into a special queue, so yes
they're in the loop, but it's a smaller one.

Right, if we want urgency on something, there has to be a filterable keyword. I don't read every single message on qemu-devel every hour of the day.

The advantage of [PULL] over [urgent] is that it fits the existing workflows. It's clear who should be doing [PULL] requests.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori