qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] We need more reviewers/maintainers!!

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] We need more reviewers/maintainers!!
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 14:12:06 +0000

On 13 March 2012 13:50, Avi Kivity <address@hidden> wrote:
> Not at all.  I have a memory/core branch and a memory/urgent branch --
> it's trivial to maintain them with git, and quite often I send a 1-patch
> pull request.  There's no material difference between sending a patch
> and sending a pull request (except if you use git.kernel.org, ugh), and
> it does guarantee you priority handing.

For me, setting up a pull request is considerably harder than
sending a mail saying "Reviewed-by:, this is a build breakage,
fix, please apply.".

Faffing around with an /urgent branch for the sake of the occasional
build fix in my area is exactly what I'd rather avoid.

>> (plus it puts an extra person in the loop which is pretty
>> much guaranteed to slow things down).
>
> Having the committers process all these patches (and monitor all
> patches) is guaranteed to slow things down too.

They're in the loop anyway, because they have to process the pull
request just as they would a single patch.

-- PMM