qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Support for Nested Paging

From: 陳韋任
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Support for Nested Paging
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 01:28:04 +0800

> Does QEMU emulate the Nested Page Tables implemented by AMD-V architecture or
> the Intel VT?

  I think the answer is no.

> Also I am trying to understand the QEMU source with an objective of
> participating in the Google Summer of Code and contributing to QEMU. I have
> tried tracing through the code but seems this link
> http://repo.or.cz/w/qemu/stefanha.git/blob_plain/refs/heads/tracing:/docs/tracing.txt
>  is not updated because many of the options do not work here. I would very
> happy if someone could provide me links to a good starting point to
> understand QEMU source code.

  The "tracing" you mentioned is not tend to help reading the code. Depends on
which part of QEMU you're trying to play with, you have some background
knowledge of it. See "Getting to know the code" on the QEMU wiki [1]. And the
slides mentioned on the mail below is a good start.

HTH,
chenwj

[1]
http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/GettingStartedDevelopers#Getting_to_know_the_code

--
Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)
Computer Systems Lab, Institute of Information Science,