qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Restore consistent formatting

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Restore consistent formatting
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 09:23:49 -0600

On 02/08/2012 09:04 AM, malc wrote:
On Wed, 8 Feb 2012, Andreas F?rber wrote:

malc,

Arbitrarily reformatting your files is not okay. If you want a different
formatting, you need to fix checkpatch.pl first to not error on that
formatting in your files.

It was always formatter like this (internally consistent), then others
added code which made it not so.

We do have a mixed style in the audio layer. I'm not happy about that but I also feel strongly that going through and doing a reformat is not a worthwhile exercise.

I can also understand the desire to keep things consistent. But patches should always go to the mailing list. I certainly would have acked such a patch FWIW.

I think people get a bit too excited about coding style. There are much more important things to worry about in life than the number of spaces before a parenthesis :-)

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

[..snip..]