qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] git bisect results

From: Erik Rull
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] git bisect results
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 14:17:37 +0100 (CET)

On January 30, 2012 at 12:52 PM Jan Kiszka <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2012-01-30 12:34, Erik Rull wrote:
> > Hi Jan,
> >
> > I'm sorry, but this does not solve my issue. I applied the patch and
> > crosschecked that the resulting file looks fine.
> >
> > The final function looks like:
> >
> > static void sdl_grab_start(void)
> > {
> > /*
> > * If the application is not active, do not try to enter grab state.
This
> > * prevents 'SDL_WM_GrabInput(SDL_GRAB_ON)' from blocking all the
> > * application (SDL bug).
> > */
> > if (!(SDL_GetAppState() & SDL_APPINPUTFOCUS)) {
> > return;
> > }
> > if (guest_cursor) {
> > SDL_SetCursor(guest_sprite);
> > if (!kbd_mouse_is_absolute() && !absolute_enabled)
> > SDL_WarpMouse(guest_x, guest_y);
> > } else
> > sdl_hide_cursor();
> > SDL_WM_GrabInput(SDL_GRAB_ON);
> > gui_grab = 1;
> > sdl_update_caption();
> > }
>
> That makes no sense as gui_grab must be 1 now. Please retry your
>
> Thanks,
> Jan

You're right. So I added the instrumentation again.

Still looks strange.

So I added into the sdl_grab_start() a printf.
Wow - a lot of output!
This pointed me to all other sdl_grab_start() calls (and in additon to that
all sdl_grab_end() calls).

And here are the results of the qemu voting :-)

I already assigned a usable name to the printf output that is directly one
line above the corresponding sdl_grab_*() call, so you should be able to
find this easily in your code as well.

The huge number of recurring printf's are:

sdl_grab_start() called from absolute_mouse_grab()
sdl_grab_end() called from handle_activation()
sdl_grab_start() called from absolute_mouse_grab()
sdl_grab_end() called from handle_activation()
sdl_grab_start() called from absolute_mouse_grab()
sdl_grab_end() called from handle_activation()
sdl_grab_start() called from absolute_mouse_grab()
sdl_grab_end() called from handle_activation()
sdl_grab_start() called from absolute_mouse_grab()
sdl_grab_end() called from handle_activation()
sdl_grab_start() called from absolute_mouse_grab()
sdl_grab_end() called from handle_activation()
sdl_grab_start() called from absolute_mouse_grab()
sdl_grab_end() called from handle_activation()

Any idea how to proceed?

Maybe the first two if-statements in handle_activation() cause the problem?
Because there the two given functions are called in sequence if both
if-clauses are valid one after the other. Maybe the first one sets the
state so that the second if is valid, too. Maybe a simple else if solves
the issue? I'm not familiar with the variables that are checked here, so
it's just a guess.

Best regards,

Erik