qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [libvirt] libvirt doesn't work with qemu 1.0

From: Markus Armbruster
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [libvirt] libvirt doesn't work with qemu 1.0
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 11:55:42 +0100

Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> writes:

> On 01/26/2012 04:55 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
>>
>> $ /usr/libexec/qemu-kvm -qmp stdio -S -display none
>> qemu-kvm: -display: invalid option
>> $ /usr/libexec/qemu-kvm -qmp stdio -S -nographic
>> chardev: opening backend "stdio" failed
>> qemu: could not open serial device 'stdio': Argument list too long

The "argument list too long" is of course random crap found errno.  The
real cause is trying to create multiple stdio character devices.  The
other one is the -serial stdio you get by default with -nographic and no
default monitor (-qmp suppresses that one).

Character device creation error reporting is generally atrocious.  I'm
working on it.

> Have you tried -nodefaults?

That suppresses the default -serial, so it should work.  I always use
it, because our defaults are a labyrinth I can do without.