qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] USB Booting

From: Dyweni - Qemu-Devel
Subject: [Qemu-devel] USB Booting
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 06:21:36 -0600

Hi All,

In QEMU-KVM 0.14, I was able to simulate booting from a USB Flash drive with
these options:

 qemu-system-x86_64 \
        -curses \
        -m 512 \
        -snapshot \
        -device piix3-usb-uhci \
        -drive id=usbflash,file=flash.img,if=none,boot=on,cache=writeback \
        -device usb-storage,drive=usbflash \
-net nic,macaddr=$(getmacpublic),vlan=0 -net tap,vlan=0,ifname=$publictap,script=no \ -net nic,macaddr=$(getmacprivate),vlan=1 -net tap,vlan=1,ifname=$privatetap,script=no \
        $*

In QEMU-KVM (git master, 9501d0f1b6efc83f69d06b27a625bad71d30d58b), I find that the boot=on parameter for -drive is deprecated and KVM doesn't start. After I remove that parameter, KVM starts but it doesn't find the USB Flash
drive to boot from.

Is there a new set of switches I can use to continue simulating booting from
a USB Flash drive?

--
Thanks,
Dyweni