qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Is guest agent socket being closed upon reboot?

From: Michal Privoznik
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Is guest agent socket being closed upon reboot?
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 14:11:24 +0100

Hi,

I'd like you to ask if/why is guest agent socked being closed upon guest
reboot. I am using virtserialport to talk to guest agent:

-chardev
socket,id=charchannel0,path=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/f16x86_64.agent,server,nowait
-device
virtserialport,bus=virtio-serial0.0,nr=1,chardev=charchannel0,id=channel0,name=org.qemu.guest_agent.0

I would understand if socket accept connection iff GA is up and running.
However, this is not the case. One is perfectly able to connect to GA
socket even without any GA inside guest.

I think that GA socket should be as persistent as monitor. Even despite
fact they address different areas. Application issuing monitor commands
shouldn't be forced to reconnect on every guest reboot, should they?

Or have I misunderstood the concept?

Michal

(Please keep me CC'ed as I am not registered to the mailing list)