qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qom: add QEMU Object Model type hierarchy to qdev (v2)

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qom: add QEMU Object Model type hierarchy to qdev (v2)
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 18:51:49 -0600

This is series 2/4 of the QOM refactoring.  These series are divided up based
on the major scripted code conversions.

This series makes qdev a proper Object and converts qdev's type inheritance to
QOM inheritance.

The first half of the series are manual cleanups/refactorings.  The second half
is mostly scripted conversion, separated out into reviewable and bisectable
chunks.

I've tested this series extensively for the pc target including bisectability.
I have not tested any other targets yet so your mileage may vary.

Since the original RFC, I've fixed any of the not-for-upstream issues but I am
aware that this breaks mac99 for the powerpc target.  I will fix that before the
next submission.

This is also available at:

https://github.com/aliguori/qemu/tree/qom-upstream.9

For full context, the whole tree is located at:

https://github.com/aliguori/qemu/commits/qom-rebase.7