qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] (no subject)

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] (no subject)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 08:06:06 +0000

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 08:50:39PM -0600, Erik Lotspeich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I posted this on qemu-discuss and didn't receive any replies; sorry
> for posting it twice.
>
> I have OpenSUSE 12.1 and I have a 64-bit Windows 7 VM that recognizes
> the emulated ICH6 sound (HDA audio device).  Although Windows
> recognizes this sound device just fine, there is no sound from the
> Windows 7 VM.  Sound works fine in KDE and from all other applications
> on the Linux side.  I would appreciate any ideas or help?

Please post your QEMU command-line (you can find it with "ps aux | grep
qemu").

If you are running through libvirt/virsh/virt-manager there may be
permission requirements since the guest can be set to run as an
unprivileged user without access to audio devices.   That's just a guess
but worth looking into.

Stefan