qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] husb: out of buffers for iso stream

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] husb: out of buffers for iso stream
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 16:45:30 +0100

On 11/30/11 14:52, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Gerd Hoffmann <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> For starter try a higher number of buffers (isobufs property).
>>> Also make sure you enable the vnc thread (unless you have already).
>
> Tested with vnc thread and isobufs=32.  This time the stderr output is:
> USBDEVFS_SUBMITURB: File too large  [several times, followed by...]
> husb: out of buffers for iso stream [many times]

"File too large" could mean that there are too many bufs submitted, try
making isobufs smaller.

> I can still ping the guest and issue QEMU monitor commands while the
> display and audio appear to be frozen.  Moving the mouse makes it the
> audio responsive again.

Display frozen too?  Hmm.  Totaly frozen?  Or is this input level meter
stop changing?

> Next I disabled USB tablet in case there is an interaction between USB
> passthrough and the emulated tablet.  The audio still gets stuck but
> moving the mouse no longer helps.  So the mouse is just a distraction,
> iso buffers are simply not working and USB table emulation somehow
> "kicks" guest USB back into action.

Is the usb sound device usb 1.1 or usb 2.0?  Works it ok on the host?

> Then I tested playback and capture separately in case it was specific
> to just one data direction, but both playback and capture freeze in
> the same way.  (Playback means the guest is handing filled out iso
> buffers to the device.  Capture means the guest is asking the device
> to fill in iso buffers.)
>
> Any suggestions where to go from here?

For starters try enabling usb-host trace points ...

cheers,
  Gerd