qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] delvm causes disk corruption

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] delvm causes disk corruption
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 11:02:59 +0100

Am 25.11.2011 23:54, schrieb sparsh mittal:
> Hello
> I am using qemu-0.14, as a part of marss cycle-accurate simulator.
>
> When I use delvm for deleting a snapshot, it corrupts the whole image.
> After it, the image no longer boots.
>
> Is there a solution to it (a patch or a recent version that solves it).
> Please let me know, I would be grateful.

Please try if commit 35d7ace7 fixes it. The 0.15.0 release contains this
fix. (The fix is about loadvm, but you probably used that, too)

If it doesn't help, please describe in more details what you do between
image creation and the visible corruption. You can use 'qemu-img check'
in order to detect corruption as early as possible.

Kevin