qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Android-virt] plans for QEMU support for KVM on ARM

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Android-virt] plans for QEMU support for KVM on ARM
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 08:55:21 +0000

On 23 November 2011 08:45, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 11/22/2011 04:19 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
>>  * the MAP_FIXED static codegen buffer is put at an address which overlaps
>>   the glibc heap so we crash about 50% of the time
>
> For 1.1 we can just use USE_STATIC_CODE_GEN_BUFFER.  It should not have
> major problems on Linux, since it is already tested for linux-user. That
> leaves out Windows of course.

This raises the question of why we don't use the static buffer everywhere.
Presumably there was a disadvantage that caused us to move to the dynamic
mmap for system mode...

(I don't actually think it should be very hard to make the ARM code
cope with the idea that jumps into host code might be long range.)

-- PMM