qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] wiki summary

From: Barak Azulay
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] wiki summary
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 18:34:47 +0200

On Thursday 17 November 2011 02:48:50 Michael Roth wrote:
> I've tried to summarize the pros/cons, points, and proposals outlined in
> this thread at the following wiki:
>
> http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Guest_agent_proposals
>
> Please feel free to add/edit as needed. If you don't have an account on
> ovirt.org let me know.

Thanks Michael, it's a good start.

A few questions about the qemu-ga's requirements:

  - same repo ? why is this a requirement ?
  - distributable via ISO  - can you elaborate?
  - upgradeable via hypervisor push - by the title it sounds like it belongs
    to deployment, which sounds to me like it belongs to a higher management
    level

#3 a few questions come up when I read it:
  - some may consider those primitives as a security breach
  - I understand the motivation of being able to do everything on the guest
    (exe) but we need to keep in mind it's various guest OSs, and it means
    that there should be a script for every OS type. to me the option of
    having a well defined interface is much more appealing

Thanks
Barak