qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Summary of CD, DVD passthrough tests with -drive if=scs

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Summary of CD, DVD passthrough tests with -drive if=scsi
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 20:40:47 +0100

Hi,

i reported nastily bahaving SCSI commands SEND CUE SHEET, SET STREAMING,
FORMAT UNIT, READ DISC STRUCTURE, REQUEST SENSE , RESERVE TRACK.
This was with
  -drive file=/dev/sg2,if=scsi

Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> I fixed all of these; [...]
> The bugs were simply that QEMU did not compute the length of the command
> payload correctly.
> [...] will send patches tomorrow.

Plus instructions for me, please, when and how to update my git clone. :)

I will then test by my new xorriso-on-qemu wiki

  http://libburnia-project.org/wiki/QemuXorriso

The development tarball of GNU xorriso is now supposed to work on a
GNU/Linux guest with /dev/vda.
The wiki describes guest preparations for Debian GNU/Linux 6.
With other distros, one might have to do different things to get a /dev/sr1
and rw-permissions to /dev/vda.

Well, -drive if=scsi will produce a /dev/sr automatically.
(Note to myself: disable udev hack before if=scsi test.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas