qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] We have now entered 1.0 hard freeze

From: Rick Vernam
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] We have now entered 1.0 hard freeze
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 17:14:48 -0500

On Tuesday 01 November 2011 19:43:53 Anthony Liguori wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just pushed the VERSION update so we are officially in hard freeze.
>
> I've cleared out my patch and pull request queues and processed everything
> I intend on processing for 1.0.
>
> If you're a contributor and have a question about a patch that didn't make
> the hard freeze, please feel free to ask about it, but at this point, it's
> very unlikely to make it to 1.0.
>
> If you're a submaintainer, it's up to you about whether you continue taking
> new features into your tree during the freeze.  I would strongly encourage
> it.  But only send pull requests that contain bug fixes from this point
> on.
>
> If you've got commit access, please exercise extreme care in what you
> commit to the tree at this stage.  We should be in a bug-fix phase only
> now.
>
> The remaining release schedule is included below.  I'd like to take a
> moment to encourage everyone to update the 1.0 ChangeLog[1] and contribute
> to the testing plan[2].  Happy testing!
>
> | 2011-11-07
> | Tag qemu-1.0-rc1. [[Planning/1.0/Testing|Test Day]]
> |
> |-
> |
> | 2011-11-14
> | Tag qemu-1.0-rc2
> |
> |-
> |
> | 2011-11-21
> | Tag qemu-1.0-rc3
> |
> |-
> |
> | 2011-11-28
> | Tag qemu-1.0-rc4
> |
> |-
> |
> | 2011-12-01
> | Tag qemu-1.0
>
> [1] http://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/Next
>
> [2] http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/1.0/Testing
>
> Regards,
>
> Anthony Liguori

I would like to test Spice & Virt-IO against Windows XP guests.
If anybody contributes testing plans for Spice and/or Virt-IO, I would
encourage them to include information about what versions of the other
software to use in testing, including the windows drivers.  It would also be
useful to know how to obtain other required software.  For example, it would
be hard to test the qemu side of spice and virt-io if the guest drivers and
services were not also available.

Thanks,
-Rick