qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch for ui/cocoa.m

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch for ui/cocoa.m
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 23:45:20 +0100

Am 18.10.2011 16:35, schrieb Juan Pineda:
>>> What command line do you use? If using the right arguments you
>>> shouldn't see a window at all. Are you maybe using -drive instead of
>>> -hda and that is not yet handled correctly?
>
> The boot volume dialog appears only when a hard disk file is not supplied on
> the command line. I would think the failure of the dialog to close is not
> unique to Lion. However in prior OS releases it probably does not present a
> problem as the main window can be raised above the dialog.

If that were the case I would see it as worth fixing there, too. :)

>>> Apart from this issue, is it working correctly for you?

> However building the main branch (with flags as above) does not work. The
> build fails with error about redefinition of uint16 in fpu/softfloat.h. If
> that is fixed the build completes. But trying to run qemu-system-i386 quits:
>
>> $ i386-softmmu/qemu-system-i386 -hda ~/Downloads/linux-0.2.img
>>
>> GThread-ERROR **: GThread system may only be initialized once.
>> aborting...
>> Abort trap: 6

That's what I'm seeing, too, so I don't feel comfortable committing this
patch now. It compiles file, but it crashes either way with a message
similar to the above, so I don't see an improvement (yet).

If you could pinpoint where this error stems from (e.g., single-stepping
in gdb) that might help getting it fixed.

Thanks,
Andreas