qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] GPLv3 troubles

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] GPLv3 troubles
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 18:30:42 +0200

Am 17.10.2011 16:17, schrieb Anthony Liguori:

>>> I don't see anything wrong with GPLv2 only. While I don't think there's
>>> anything wrong with GPLv3, I think that "or later" is a dangerous clause
>>> to add.
>>
>> License fragmentation with respect to the de facto standard toolchain
>> (binutils)
>> is wrong.
>
> Fragmentation with respect to the de factor standard kernel (Linux) is
> wrong.

Tell that to the GNU and FSF people. :)

In my personal opinion, Open Source licenses should preserve our
freedom, not make us unnecessarily duplicate code.

I'm just asking to not make the situation worse than it is.

Regards,
Andreas

GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer; HRB 16746, AG Nürnberg