qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] access the files on the Vm

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] access the files on the Vm
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 10:12:47 +0100

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 7:32 AM, bala suru <address@hidden> wrote:
> I need to share some file from the host OS to guest OS ..?
>
> when ever Vm boots up it looks for the file in some directory , If I do some
> modification to the file host OS the guest (VM) also should can access that
> ..?
>
> how to make this ..?

You can use a network file system like NFS or CIFS.  This is just like
sharing files between physical machines and probably the best solution
at the moment.  (Or you might find sshfs handy.)

Or you can try out virtfs, which is also a remote file system but done
in a virtualization-aware way:
http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/9psetup

Stefan