qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Plan for moving forward with QOM

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Plan for moving forward with QOM
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 10:56:57 +0300

On 09/15/2011 11:52 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
Also, NE2000 methods have to call ISA_NE2000 and PCI_NE2000 methods, yes?

I don't think so. The NE2k would export an IRQ and the ISA_NE2K and PCI_NE2k would have to route that IRQ. But I think that's the extent of the communication in that direction.

Am I missing something?

I guess for simple devices it's unlikely that anything further is needed.

The most complicated device with a dual interface I can think of is vga, it needs to register memory regions dynamically. But even that can be done by registering a container on startup, and doing the dynamic stuff within the container.

signature is too narrow to contain.