qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Physical address debugging

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Physical address debugging
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 08:20:38 +0300

On 08/30/2011 09:31 PM, Blue Swirl wrote:

>>  Since KVM can handle MMIO, I think it should also be able to handle
>>  watchpoints.
>>

>  Not on RAM areas.

But isn't it possible to unmap one page of RAM and replace that by
MMIO page on KVM, is this because of the memory slots?

It is possible. Currently kvm won't execute code from mmio, but that's easy to fix. Of course, the kvm instruction emulator isn't 100% complete (or even close, when considering vector extensions).

Does your
memory work help?

It does, you an add an overlay page and then remove it when done.

signature is too narrow to contain.