qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] sparc32_dma: correctly initialize ledma base address

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] sparc32_dma: correctly initialize ledma base address
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 21:52:26 +0100

On 15/08/11 16:38, Bob Breuer wrote:

Depends on the rom.  The SS-5 rom always sets it correctly, whereas the
SS-20 rom only sets it when you do "boot net".  Also, this is just the
top 8 bits of the address.  The DMA2 documentation[1] for E_BASE_ADDR
states that these upper address bits default to 0xff, even though it
seems to incorrectly define it as bits 7:0 in the register instead of
31:24.

Nice one - looks like I missed this when reading the documentation. At least the choice of default address now makes sense.

If you follow Artyom's blog, at [2] it was assumed that the bogus dbri
device was the culprit (which is also why I went down the path of
implementing the dbri device), when in reality, the selftest failure
was preventing "boot net" from running and fixing the ledma register
settings.

Okay - I think I see ;) In that case, I'd say this patch should be applied if Blue hasn't already done it (*sigh* I really miss the git web interface on qemu.org).

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk