qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Loading ELF binaries with very high base addresses

From: Marc Lörner
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Loading ELF binaries with very high base addresses
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 19:14:19 +0200

Hello Prashant,
first of all your "0x4<<64" is wrong it's "0x4<<60".
In Volume 2 of the IASDM page 2:46 you see that these three upper bits
correspond to the 8 virtual regions (here: region 2).
So maybe you can just disregard these bits and use the rest as new offset
to an faked guest_base that fits your needs (e.g. somewhere in your
process space)?

Regards,
Marc