qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Specifying storage devices for live migration

From: Avishay Traeger
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Specifying storage devices for live migration
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 17:28:45 +0300

Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote on 15/06/2011 15:49:12:
> > Hello all,
> > Currently there is no way to choose storage devices to be migrated.
There
> > was some discussion about making the monitor API a bit more flexible,
but
> > the code was never written:
> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2009-11/msg01494.html
>
> Hmm...2009.  Have you seen this recent thread?
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2011-05/msg00733.html
>
> Are you planning to extend the block migration API and fix known
> issues with block migration?
>
> Stefan

This feature (selectively migrating block devices during live migration) is
missing for us right now.  I know it's an old thread, but as far as I know,
this hasn't been fixed.  In the more recent thread I see that there are
thoughts to re-work this code (pre-copy vs. post-copy), but doesn't the
interface need to be fixed anyway?  Where are the known issues with block
migration documented?

Thanks,
Avishay