qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM: BKPT instructions should raise prefetch aborts wit

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM: BKPT instructions should raise prefetch aborts with IFSR type 00010
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 11:39:36 +0000

On 25 March 2011 10:54, Alex Zuepke <address@hidden> wrote:
> while digging through some problems with BKPT exceptions on ARM, I
> discovered that QEMU does not update IFSR on prefetch aborts. This
> should be done since ARMv6 according to ARM docs. Please include.

This patch is the wrong approach to fixing this bug -- the
updating of the IFSR needs to be done when the exception
is taken, not when we translate the breakpoint instruction.

I'll put this on my todo list. If you happen to have a convenient
test case demonstrating the problem, that would make a fix happen
faster ;-)

-- PMM