qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: RFC: emulation of system flash

From: Jordan Justen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: RFC: emulation of system flash
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 12:05:11 -0800

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 11:23, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
> If you implement a CSM for Tiano Core, then you won't need to use any
> special parameters because we can just use OVMF by default ;-)

Sorry, but I can't do this.  This is unlikely to change anytime soon.

But, if someone seeks to put forth a serious effort around a CSM (or
most anything UEFI or edk2 related), then they ought to be able to
expect support from our tianocore community (which includes me).

If our tianocore community had an open source CSM available, I should
be able to include it in OVMF.  A BSD licensed CSM would be much
easier for OVMF to integrate directly, but any open-source CSM would
allow for the possibility of an OVMF fork with the CSM included.

-Jordan