qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 68k and BeBox (was SymbianOS, MeeGO, WebOS and QEMU)

From: François Revol
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 68k and BeBox (was SymbianOS, MeeGO, WebOS and QEMU)
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 13:06:17 +0100

Le 1 mars 2011 à 13:02, Laurent Vivier a écrit :
>>> Currently the fastest ones would be BeBox, Mac68k and NeXT machines,
>>> because almost all devices are already emulated, but the assembly itself,
>>> firmware and CPU/FPU/MMU in case of 68k.
>>
>> IIRC the Mac68k hardware is quite obscure and model-dependant...
>> but EMILE and BasiliskII should say enough.
>
> They will not help you:
> - EMILE uses Mac ROM to access hardware
> - BasiliskII patches the ROM to call its internal drivers instead of
> accessing hardware.

Oh right, I was sure there was a trick somewhere :)

> The best source for hardware definition is linux...

Or NetBSD, if you don't have enough aspirin for Linux.
http://www.netbsd.org/ports/mac68k/

And I have an LCIII around for testing.

As well for the BeBox:
http://www.netbsd.org/ports/bebox/hardware.html

> If it can help I think I have all hardware reference manuals for m68k
> macintosh.

Actually I think they used to be online until recently, but Apple revamped
their archived not too long ago IIRC.

François.