qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Buildbot for qemu.git/master

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Buildbot for qemu.git/master
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 11:39:06 +0000

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Daniel Gollub <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Monday, February 07, 2011 10:34:03 am Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
>> I have a buildmaster at buildbot.vmsplice.net.  I could share my
>> master.cfg with you so that you can take over and merge it into your
>> KVM buildmaster.  Then I would take my buildmaster offline.
>

> Ok. This would be very interesting. You can find ours here:
> http://people.b1-systems.de/~gollub/buildbot/qemu-master-1297163676.cfg
[...]
>> Both the qemu.git and qemu-stable-0.14.git master branches are interesting.
>>
>> If this sounds good to you then I'll send over the master.cfg and can
>> add a debian-x86_64 buildslave to your buildmaster.  If this is more
>> effort than you have time for, no worries, I'm also happy to maintain
>> the QEMU buildbot.
>
> Would be great if we could join our efforts. I'll great later a git repo to
> maintain the different buildbot configuration - so people can easily extended
> the configuration and add more tests or add different buildflags. And we just
> merge those in our buildbot master.

Excellent.  I will respond in detail later, but I agree and will send
you my master.cfg so you can take over the buildmaster.

Here's the todo list I've collected from this thread:
 * Send Stefan's master.cfg to Daniel
 * Collect subsystem tree repourls
 * Add Solaris 11 Express buildslave for Palle Lyckegaard
 * Email lmr with steps for setting up KVM-Autotest buildslave

Once the dust has settled I volunteer to write things up on the qemu.org wiki.

Stefan