qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: KVM call minutes for Feb 1

From: Christoph Hellwig
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: KVM call minutes for Feb 1
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 12:53:36 -0500

On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 05:36:13PM +0100, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> kvm_cpu_exec/kvm_run, and start wondering "What needs to be done to
> upstream so that qemu-kvm could use that implementation?". If they
> differ, the reasons need to be understood and patched away, either by
> fixing/enhancing upstream or simplifying qemu-kvm. Once the upstream
> changes are merged back, a qemu-kvm patch is posted to switch to that
> version.

while I'm not an expert in that area I really like you're approach.  I'd
really prefer to let you finish up all the major work that way before
starting massive revamping like the glib main loop.  Resolving the
qemu/qemu-kvm schisma surely is more important for the overall project
than rewriting existing functionality to look a little nicer.