qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: KVM call agenda for Jan 25

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: KVM call agenda for Jan 25
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 16:29:32 +0100

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 03:42:04PM +0100, Kevin Wolf wrote:
> Am 25.01.2011 15:11, schrieb Aurelien Jarno:
> > Luiz Capitulino a écrit :

> >> - Let's start planning our next release in advance, here's a simple
> >> example:
> >>
> >>   http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/0.15-example
> >>

> > What about planning the 0.14 release first? From what I see on the
> > mailing list, we are more in a development phase than in a bug fix phase
> > before a release.
>
> If we want to get into a bug fix phase, all we need to have is a
> stable-0.14 branch. It's not like creating a branch is a lot of work, it
> just didn't happen on the announced date.

Agreed. That said when you see the branch date approaching you already
focus more on identifying and fixing bugs than on new features, that's
human. For example after seeing the mail from Anthony I started to test
the main TCG targets (actually 8 of them) on the main supported hosts
(7 of them if you count endianness). That's quite a lot of work that has
been quite useful, that said given the number of patches that have been
committed in the meanwhile, it's probably something to redo.

> And I'm almost sure that when it happens, it's going to come as a
> surprise once again...

If we decide on a date in advance, it's something I can easily do if
Anthony or someone else is busy. We just have to agree on that before.

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
address@hidden                 http://www.aurel32.net