qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [RFC 0/7] Introduce hard dependency on glib

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [RFC 0/7] Introduce hard dependency on glib
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 11:41:23 +0100

On 01/24/2011 11:01 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
- JSON parser

I think our JSON parser is much better than JsonGlib (which isn't
anyway a part of GLib proper).

Not sure how much either of these matter, but we should at least drop
QObject and convert our JSON parser to use GValues such that we can
treat the JSON parser as a stand alone component.

Not too nice actually, as GHashTable and GArrays are not GValues.

I've been thinking about this myself. I think slirp is probably best
handled as a GSource as much as I don't want to do it. I don't see
another option.

Yes. Track the previous bitmap of fd's and add/remove pollfd's when they appear into (resp. disappear from) the bitmap.

Note that the glib main loop can be quadratic in the number of file descriptors BTW.

We can't use the g_timeout_source directly because the interval is
milliseconds.

Our deadlines are rounded to milliseconds anyway. However, with an iothread you really do not need signals anymore. The dynticks code maps pretty well to a GSource.

Obviously, implementing a GSource is the
best long term approach but I think there's a reasonable short term one.

Or yet another unfinished transition.

Paolo "let's do it in Vala then"