qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Missing roms/seabios/Makefile and roms/vgabios/Makefile

From: Mateusz Loskot
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Missing roms/seabios/Makefile and roms/vgabios/Makefile
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 10:51:17 +0000

On 19/01/11 18:07, Blue Swirl wrote:
On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Mateusz Loskot<address@hidden>  wrote:
Hi,

Running ./configure (under MinGW/MSYS) and symlink gives up trying to
create links to non-existing Makefiles in
roms/seabios/Makefile
roms/vgabios/Makefile

Those directiories are actually git submodules, when you run 'git
submodule update', they get populated.

Something is not quite working and I don't get anything populated.
Here I tried under MinGW

address@hidden /g/src/qemu/_git/master
$ git pull
Already up-to-date.

address@hidden /g/src/qemu/_git/master
$ git submodule update

address@hidden /g/src/qemu/_git/master
$ ls roms/seabios/
config.mak

I also tested on Linux, same results, nothing pulled.

Maybe configure should check if the directories are OK and disables
building ROMs if not.

Generally, if they are optional, I think it's a good idea.
Specifically, I'm nearly completely green about qemu internals, so can't tell.

Best regards,
Member of ACCU, http://accu.org