qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Linux as VirtualBox quest OS with QEMU running Solaris

From: Mateusz Loskot
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Linux as VirtualBox quest OS with QEMU running Solaris
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 23:34:04 +0000

On 12/01/11 17:15, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> On 12/01/11 16:48, Michal Suchanek wrote:
>> On 12 January 2011 16:21, Mateusz Loskot<address@hidden>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Thinking of future, could anyone estimate when it will be possible to
>>> boot Solaris 10 installation from ISO disks, if at all?
>>> To summary, what OS alternative for SPARC we have got apart from Debian
>>> which are known to work under QEMU? *BSD systems?
>>>

>> I can run NetBSD sparc install CD just fine.
>>
>> It supports sparc32 in the latest release.
>
> Thanks. Great, I'll try.
>
> One of the problems I found with Debian Etch is the package repositories
> are no longer supported and the installer
> can easily mess with those for Lenny.
> The only solution is to have all CDs for Etch available and run complete
> offline installation.
>
> I guess the NetBSD option is more up to date here.

I have tried the recent NetBSD and it boots without problems,
however I can't configure networking to install via FTP/HTTP.
Strangely, I don't get question about DHCP.

I think it's unrelated to SPARC support discussed in this thread,
so I posted my full story to the QEMU forum:

http://qemu-forum.ipi.fi/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5949

Best regards,
Member of ACCU, http://accu.org