qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Propose the Fast Virtual Disk (FVD) image format

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Propose the Fast Virtual Disk (FVD) image format that outperforms QCOW2 by 249%
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 09:17:22 +0000

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 9:44 PM, Chunqiang Tang <address@hidden> wrote:
> Happy new year! We would like to contribute a new year gift to the
> community.

We == IBM Research?

> The FVD patch also includes a fully automated testing framework that
> exercises QEMU block device drivers under stress load and extreme race
> conditions. Currently (as of January 2011), QCOW2 cannot pass the
> automated test. The symptom is that QCOW2 attempts to read beyond the end
> of the base image. QCOW2 experts please take a look at this "potential"
> bug.

The community block I/O test suite is qemu-iotests:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/hch/qemu-iotests.git;a=summary

If you have tests that you'd like to contribute, please put them into
that framework so other developers can run them as part of their
regular testing.

Stefan