qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU 91c111 emulation bug?

From: Daniel Drubin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 91c111 emulation bug?
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 12:29:25 +0200

Greetings,

I am writing my own application to run on QEMU emulated ARM versatile
board. I observe some strange behavior when trying to emply the 91c11
LAN. Initialization passes OK, and I can receive and send ethernet
frames (verified with network sniffer). However, after the first
transmit the TX interrupt is not reported and the system stops
reporting ANY interrupts. I can transmit more frames, but no further
interrupts arrive (not even timer and UART interrupts). Reception is
interrupt-based and it works OK.

Is it something known?

I set up TX for auto-releasing transmitted frames from Tx FIFO and use
CPU to copy data to and from FIFOs.

I use QEMU 0.11.1 on Windows.

I can post the image that I use and/or NIC interface code.

Thanks,
Daniel